From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 15:33:18 -0400
Shirley, Steve and I have seen a variety of biting situations but none
that cause that very traumatic sounding unresponsiveness afterwards.
From her fear of hands I'd bet that she has been beaten by hands.
Sometimes we have found that using a soft and gentle voice when a ferret
grabs a hand, and then realizes "Oh, no!" but doesn't know what to do,
breaks the cycle.  It may help; I don't know.  From the sounds of it you
have made very large strides with her already!  Love is such a marvelous
training tool.