From:
Shelley Trulock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 19:04:18 EST
Just wanted to thank Sukie for the location of where all of us ferret
people can find more information on our fuzzies.  You can never have too
many resources!!

In browsing through some of the info, I did run across something that I
was unsure of/shocked by.  In my 10 plus years of being around ferrets,
I've never heard of anyone wanting to declaw a ferret.  One particular
bit of information states that ferrets will typically use a litterbox but
using corners is a common problem.  It also states that they like to dig
on carpet and can dig holes in carpets and sofas and for this reason they
are SOMETIMES DECLAWED.  I can't imagine anyone declawing a ferret because
of the way their foot structure is.  Can anyone help with this one?  I
hope this isn't being done!  This just can't be right!

The second bit of info I found that struck me funny was when I read that
Kaytee ferret food was being recommended.  Isn't this the one that has
dried carrots, etc... in it?  Can't that stuff possibly cause blockages?

Like Sukie said, there is always going to be bad info out there, all we
can do is try to weed through it and educate!

Always trying to learn more, so would love some clarification from others
out there more experienced than me.  This just didn't seem right.

Thanks, Shelley  :)