From:
"Bryan P. Coffey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 1998 12:08:36 -0400
Deanna wrote about a conversation in a park with a stranger
>He ended the conversation by telling me that when baby ferrets are born
>they are given a shot to get all the poison out of their blood so they're
>not killers anymore.

That reminds me of a question I got from a new ferret owner (she took
control of the ferrets from someone who didn't treat them well, so she
gets lots of credit).

She was told by the previous owner that the ferrets regularly received
shots to improve their temper and not bite.  She asked me if my ferrets
had this shot.  I guessed that it was the Canine Distemper shot and
explained what it was for.  She checked with the vet and I was right.

Rather poor choice of disease name if it can lead to confusion.
--
             Bryan P. Coffey - Boston, MA
          bpcoffey@(remove_this_part)gis.net