From:
Minta Ruark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 1996 14:41:47 -0800
I just wanted to thank those people who have responded to my frustrating
questions about my ferrets and their "seedy stools".  They're on yet another
antibiotic and nothing's really changed...patience, patience!

I also wanted to comment about the loyalty question.  Zooey was my first
ferret, I had her nearly a year before I got Elsa.  Well Zooey accepted Elsa
but right away let ME know who was first.  She got very possessive about me.
She wouldn't push Elsa away or anything like that, but she'd follow me
around and check me out whenever I left/entered the room.  She comes up and
stands next to my feet and stares at me, until I pick her up then she lies
in my arms.  She never used to do that before.  Also, she never kissed me
before Elsa showed up.  She's become more affectionate and possessive.
Interesting combination.  Every morning when I wake up and let them out she
has to come up to me and check me out to see if anything's changed.  She'll
give me tons of kisses until she's satisfied and then she'll get down and
chase Elsa around.

~MJR

p.s.  you know you love your ferrets when you come home from a long day &
find one (Zooey) sitting on your partially unmade bed absolutely emersed in
plant dirt, and your response is to...laugh.  Yes, even after you have to
clean plant dirt out of crevices for the next week (AND she nearly KILLS the
plant).  Ferrets do look awfully cute w/dirt all over their faces!