Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 21 May 1994 10:06:33 -0400
Latest on the legislation to legalize ferrets in MI:

On 5-18-94, HB#4495 was passed in the House by a vote of 70-30.
This bill is due to go to the Senate Comittee in the VERY near
future!! You should call your MI State Senators or send them a
post card, expressing your desire for passage of this bill!!
ACT SOON! I may be in comittee VERY soon!! Also, barrage Gov.
Engler with phone calls and post cards for passage of this bill,
as it is our understanding he will veto it if he can!
IF the bill passes the Senate by over 2/3 majority, we will be
able to thwart Engler's desire to veto!!

More info to come, including a breakdown of the Congressmen who
voted for/against the bill!

If you need your Senator's name and address, contact your county,
city or township offices!!

This info was provided personally to me by the Great Lakes Ferret
Association for distribution!!
Call and write quickly and often! <distribute FREELY and QUICKLY!>

Sincerely, Paul in MI and the gang!!
Talking ferrets are neat!! <chuckle, chuckle, CHIP!>