From:
"Cinda B. Beach" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Apr 1996 21:21:06 -0400
My vet has never given any heartworm medicine for ferrets.  She says it's
very uncommon for ferrets to get it, just like it is for cats.  (I never
knew my cats could get it!!) I live down in Southern MD in water country,
and I guess we have a lot of mosquitoes.  Should I give it to my ferret?  My
cats?  Is hard on their liver or kidneys?

If anyone out there knows the proper dosage for a 1.4lb. ferret I would
appreciate the info.  I've had no luck looking this stuff up on the
internet.  (and my vet doesn't seem to know what she's doing with this).
Thanks!!