From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 08:33:46 EST
I put very very warm (ferrets love almost hot water it seems like) water
in the tub about an inche (anything less and the water gets too cold to
fast).  I have them soak their paws in it ....i get toys, etc and try to
make it fun, or bearable.  You have to let them soak a long time, and
continually make sure the water is warm by adding and taking away water.

Then you take a towel and rub their ferret, all dryness, and flakes come
right off as soft white stuffs.  Just like people feet!  And then after
it looks like you got it all off (don't hurt them or rub them so they get
red....if it looks like you didn't get it all, repeat the process), then
get Luberderm......and massaaaaaaaaage it into their paws.

All fixed!  Now all ya have to do is keep it up... like a maintance thing,
and it prevents it from comming back.  Some people use stronger cream than
the Luberderm that might be more effective, or vasiline (but then they try
to lick the vaseline off most of the time cause they like to eat it).

Wolfy

Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/
for information on ferret deafness: