From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:31:44 -0700
Amanda!

I am playing catch up with my FML.  I read the one where you posted about
maybe being pregnant and then the relief that you weren't.  But it wasn't
until today that I read about you getting "hate" mail about your post.

I can't believe that people would be that rude!  Now, I can't have kids
and yes, it hurts.  But I would never tell anyone else that because they
didn't want to have kids that they were bad or anything.  That is not my
call.

My mom had six kids then stopped after me...go figure!  My sister had two
and said that was enough because of the $$.  She loves being pregnant and
child birth...yeah, she is a little weird.  My other sister had three and
she couldn't afford it.  I haven't had any, and I won't be having any.  I
am now raising my niece (not sure if raising is a good word....she is 15!)
and I have 6 ferrets, 2 dogs, 1 cat and a fish.  I really do love my
animals and wouldn't trade them for the world.

I think that it is wonderful that you looked at things from a realistic
point of view.  You knew that if you had any more kids that you wouldn't
be able to take care of a fuzzy and the expense that came with it...at
least not right away.  I thought that was VERY smart.  Wish more people
thought like that....we might not have so many animals abandoned or kids
abandoned.  My sister who has (had) three kids abandoned hers.  I love
her dearly but she just wasn't thinking then or now.

Yes, I guess I am upset.  People should respect each other even if their
views are different.  What would have happened if you had said "if I am
pregnant, I will get an abortion" ?  Or if you had gotten a fuzzy and then
found out you were pregnant and didn't want the fuzzy anymore?  Oh my!
That would have been horrible for you...imagine the hate mail then.  But
you see....whether a person is against it or not...they are not living
your life.  Only you and your husband know your life and your situation.
Anyone stepping in and saying otherwise is well...inconsiderate....but
that is of course, just my opinion.

So, I am happy that you are not pregnant.  To you and your husband.....
CONGRATULATIONS!

I would also like to say "WELCOME MONTY!"

Joanne
Spice, Pepper, Flower, Bugs, Dodge and Kuri