From:
Debbie Tydd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 1995 18:46:02 +0000
Hi everyone!
Could someone (Pam?) who operates a ferret club please e-mail me with info.
pertaining to taxes...i.e. do clubs have to pay taxes on the money they
raise for club events, etc?  I have looked everywhere for this type of
info., and the only book in the library i could find was one on the
operation of a coin collectors club.  They gave lots of ideas for raising
money, and stressed the importance of keeping track of it all, but they
didn't say anything about taxes.  Perhaps clubs are exempt because they are
set up as "non-profit"?  i am hoping so.  i am trying to avoid actually
calling an accountant or lawyer, so if someone could help me that would be
great.
Thanks all.
Norma-ann.