From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 09:29:25 -0500
If anyone lives in the Holton area, stop and visit the Ferret Family
Services booth on Sunday in the big green building at the fair grounds.
Unfortunately I won't be there as I have to work but Lynda and Nancy will
be womanning our booth. :-)  Stop and say hi, look through our information
and handouts and shop a little.

Krystals vet appt last night was a joke.  She behaved as if she felt
perfectly fine.  sigh.  Larry just laughed.  I had him give her a Percorten
injection (hormone replacement) to see if that will help her and her
glucose was 67.  I also had Larry give her the carafate.  Funny, even when
I don't give it to her, I STILL get it on me.  Hmph.  She isn't grinding
her teeth as much now so perhaps we really are on the road to recovery this
time.  I certainly hope so as it has been a grueling 5 weeks.  Larry and I
visited about intensive nursing care for these little ones and he said they
take the most intensive care of the animals.  That is so true in my
experience too.

Larry is studying chinese herbal combinations and we'll be trying some on
the ferrets.  I'm so glad that he's expanding his horizons. :-)  Is anyone
else's vet working with herbs?  We'd love to share info if they are.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend and try to spend some extra quality time
with your little ones.  There are many ferrets that just stay locked up in
their cages for days on end..... Please don't let yours be one of them.  No
matter what happens, remember that once today is past, you can't change it.
Ferrets need out of cage time each and EVERY day as well as socializing
with you.  How would you like to be locked in a cell till someone decided
to let you out?  If you can't manage your time well enough to let your
ferrets out, then you need to rethink your schedule and either get up
earlier, forego something less important than a living breathing beings
care, or go to bed later.  Please don't let your ferrets suffer.  They
depend on you.

Hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart
Ferret Family Services