From:
Joy Collier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2007 21:49:49 -0700
I've temporarily moved to a house that doesn't have central air or
even a window unit in the ferret room. I live in south AL so it will
be getting really darn hot pretty soon.

I'd like to buy a portable air conditioner unit instead of just a
window unit. I figure it will cost more but we could use in our new
house whenever we move this fall (We will NOT buy a house w/o central
air when we move to FL but you never know when you may have a "hot
spot" in the house. I think the hubby is imagining how nice it would
be for working in the garage).

I do have a window unit in a room we don't use but it is really old and
just has an on/off switch. I worry about the ferrets escaping through
the plastic window filler panel thing or it freezing them during the
day when I'm not here to turn it off. I'd rather have something that
maintains a set temperature.

My questions are...

Do any of you have a portable a/c? What brand? What don't you like
about it? Is it safe to use in an enclosed room with roaming fuzzies?

Thanks for the info!

Joy
Mom to Pippin, Gimli, and Sofie who will soon have a better a/c than me!