From:
Alice Cathreine Kassay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 1997 14:48:31 -0600
I just discovered an easier way to brush my two ferrets' teeth than using
the finger brush.  Actually, one of my girls really resents the whole
process and bites the toothbrush really hard.  The little rubber toothbrush
didn't provide much protection for my finger so I decided to use a soft
child's toothbrush.

Anyway, I put the toothpaste on the toothbrush and smashed it in to the
bristles really well so that it sort of saturated the the bristles all the
way down.  Then I scruffed my ferret and started trying to brush her teeth.
She bit the bristles repeatedly really hard many times and ended up brushing
her own teeth.  I just moved the brush around to the other side of her mouth
and let her do the same thing.  By the end of the procedure I didn't need to
scruff her anymore as she seemed to like the taste of the paste.  She kept
biting the bristles and cleaning her teeth until I took it away.

Hope this makes teeth brushing easier for you.

-Alice