From:
wendy cherry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 09:41:14 -0800
Hello everyone,

A supposed "backyard breeder" surrendered 32 whole ferrets to two
different rescues.  12 of them were picked up by Donna from Waters
Wayward Weasels of Hamburg, MI.  The other 20 were picked up by Cathy
and myself from SouthEastern Michigan Ferret Rescue of Ypsilanti, MI
(the 4th independent rescue)(Cathy is in the process of becoming a member
of SOS.) There were 5 ferret rescues involved in this surrender that I
know of.

We then helped to disperse the 20 ferrets throughout the remaining 3
rescues (West Michigan Ferret Connection of Grand Rapids, Deb's Ferret
Rescue and Boarding of Montague, and Michigan Ferret Rescue Inc.  of
Flint).  Cathy did keep 2 and gave 3 away.  The Flint rescue received 2
of the 3 ferrets "given away".  The 3rd, I took home and has been "fixed"
now for a over week.

I was there, when the "backyard breeder" said they were going to fix
and keep their favorites.  Now whether that happens or not, its their
business, lets hope it does.  I am in agreement with the previous post
about dumping the breeders excess stock on rescues.  However, can't we
look at the breeders intentions.  They were looking out for the ferrets
well being.  There could have been other things that were done to these
surrendered ferrets.  Gosh forbid, if the breeder just up and not fed
and watered them to kill them off.  Death by starvation.

I, like many other volunteers, work with the rescues because of my love
for these tiny heart stealing creatures.  I think the "rescue moms and
dads" are blessings from heaven, put on this earth just for these bundles
of fur.  Its wonderful to see rescues working together for the well being
of the domesticated ferret.

Please take a moment to applaude the "rescue moms and dads" for their
hard work and dedication in caring for these war dancing fiends.

Check me out!