From:
Paula Federici <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 22:42:05 -0700
Hello to everyone who loves the fuzzy mobsters from all of us in NM.  I
first want to thank everyone for the wonderful support we got during our
disaster.  You people are the most thoughtful, considerate bunch I have met
in a very long time.  I feel like I have a whole new bunch of friends that
I will always cherish.  Things are returning to as close to normal as they
can be.  Many wonderful people lost everything they owned but, these people
have such strength and courage, it is a great lesson for us all.

The little 3 legged guy went home with his mom.  It seems they were
separated during the evacuation.  My friends at the vets office where he
was staying said the reunion brought tears to everyone's eyes.  He is a
really cute little guy.

I am trying to look into the ferrets, from the post yesterday, at the local
Animal Shelter.  During the recent disaster, I was banned from ever going
to the shelter again.  It seems the vet at the shelter feels I threaten her
authority.  Unfortunately the week before the fire, she released a ferret
for adoption that was very ill.  The family who adopted him called me
immediately.  This little guy had an intestinal obstruction as well as
lymphadenopathy.  After extensive surgery and now a course of pred., he
is starting behave like a ferret.  My vet was so upset, he called her and
spared few words in telling her what he thought of her judgement.  Anyway,
I am still trying to find a way to get into the shelter, I may have a "spy"
go there.  Believe me, I will keep trying.

As an aside, my shelter is booming with 3 new rescues in tonight!  I won't
be able to count that high soon, I've run out of human fingers and toes to
count on.  I have several wonderful pair in and just got a single.  All are
under 2 and cute as can be.

Thanks again to everyone.

Paula and the Fuzzy Mafia