From:
Ellen Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 1995 16:21:26 +0500
I thought people might be interested.  I received a newsletter from a German
ferret club a few years back.  Now, I don't know German, but I had someone I
know translate a few interesting parts.  Descenting of ferrets is illegal in
Germany!  Laws there protect pets from unnecessary operations of which
descenting is included.  Why is it that the United States is so far behind
Europe when it comes to these precious animals?  The rabies shedding period
has been done there (which, of course, the US won't accept); descenting is
illegal there (well in Germany anyway).

Just thought people would like to know.

Ellen Byrne
Shadyside Ferrets