From:
Laurie Kramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 1996 11:30:00 EDT
Hi everyone!  I just wanted to respond to a few things that have been
discussed lately.  We now use Nature Fresh litter, made out of recycled
newspaper,etc.  from PetSmart.  I like it better than the other recycled
newspaper we were getting locally that all of a sudden went from $15 a 35 lb
bag to $19 a bag after I had let them know I would be "needing it"
everymonth.  The Nature Fresh smells better and there is less ink smell than
the other.  Much cheaper too ($11 for 30 lbs)

Ferret math struck again in our house.  I got a new baby girl (dark sable)
for my birthday last week, she had been order by two young adults who
brought her back after a week because they thought she was "ferocious"!!  My
SO and I were afraid she would end up in another (possible) terrible
situation if she didn't find a proper home, and we hated to she her stuck in
that cage in the petshop!  Ferret people are so good at justifying things!

She is the sweetest little thing!!  Definately not ferocious, just full of
energy!  I am glad that the kids who brought her back were not selfish
enough to keep her, and gave her a chance to have a good home.  I believe
they didn't get their money back either, so that must have been a tough
choice for them.  I haven't picked out a name for her yet, it must be very
special, as this is my last ferret till we get a bigger home and my
bachelors degree.

I want to ask a question concerning how inspectors write up and substantiate
their findings when visit puppy mills, breeders, etc.  With the techology we
have today, why don't they video tape and take pictures of their findings so
that we know exactly how the conditions looked at that given day and then
nobody could argue over wether they really found bad conditions or not?  And
we wouldn't be second guessing each other about who is right or wrong on
this issue.  There has got to be a better way.

I sympathies with Joseph Carlson, and his loss of Meshka.  You did what you
could for her, and I'm sure she loves you for that.  I know how hard it is
to try to nurse a animal back to health after it has been neglected by its
original owners.  It is really heart breaking to think that people are so
cruel and ignorant about the care an animal needs.  It also makes me sick to
know that these people are too lazy or just don't care to get FREE
information on how to care for a certain animal properly.  Currently I am
nursing back to health a 3 yr old Iguana that was neglected by it's owners
(who one is a prominant attorney)and now she has a severe case of Metabolic
Bone Disease, and who must be force fed calcium and food.  But through all
her pain, I see her grin at me when I hold her and give her my love and
kindness.

I really wish that the pet shops would get more educated as well.  It only
makes sense to know the product your selling, and in turn that will make you
more of a profit in the long run.  The shop we got our new girl at thought
she had all her shots and the manager thinks if you read one book and follow
it to a tee, then you can't go wrong.  Unbelieveable!  It would be alot
easier if the pet shops would be less defensive and maybe listen to people
when they have sugestions.

Well folks, sorry for going on and on. I hope all the sick babies get better,
they are in my prayers.

Sincerely,

Laurie, Tinker, Koty, Comet and new girl (hurry mom, name me!!)