From:
kathryn terhune-cotton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 May 1998 11:02:29 -0700
I went to my fist get-together with some members of the local ferret club
(Lane Area Ferret Lovers) for a "ferret makeover day" where the president of
the club gave demos and then supervised nail clipping, ear cleaning and
bathing (I sorta suspect most of us knew how to do those things already,
but you know how it is - any excuse for a party! <G>).  There were about 8
fuzzies and they had a grand time running around playing.  Only a couple of
minor scuffles; lots of dooks, wardances and playing!  (please spare me any
flames about exposing my fert to diseases.  I know it is possible to expose
him to ugly stuff.  I weighed the possible dangers and decided that to avoid
all communicable disease, we would all have to live in a plastic bubble.  I
don't want to live that way and I don't Jester does either)

I'm hoping that our shelter manager Lucy will be joining us on the FML soon.
I would really like to see more of us on the west coast on here (nothing
personal against you in the central and eastern part of the states mind you -
it's just that there are so many folks further east who write about their
shelters and found ferts.  Sometimes I feel left out in a way :(

Doing my part to equalize the balance! <G>

===
(the other) Kat

Avoid making irrevocable decisions while tired
or hungry.
-- Robert Heinlein