From:
Heidi Lepak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 14:00:00 -0400
First I want to thank all of you who privately answered my post regarding
Rocki's hair loss.  I had the feeling that it was symptomatic of adrenal
disease, but I guess I just didn't want to admit it.  So now I thought I
would update you on what is going on.

I pulled up Dr. Weiss's post on lupron, as surgery is out of the question.
I live in Puerto Rico, and the vets are just not ferret-wise.  I copied the
post and took it to my vet to see if he would do the injection if I could
get the meds.  He read the entire post and again stated "Well, surgery is
the best method, but you know I can't do it.  No experience" But he did say
he would take care of the injection.

So off to the phone again.  We needed to know if the dosage was dependent
on the size of the ferret.  After 5 phone calls, I finally got Dr. Weiss's
office when he was there, and though he was on another conference call, his
assistant was able to get me all the answers I needed.  Size of the ferret
makes no difference and injection given sub-Q.

Next call to the pharmacy that Dr. Weiss had reccommended.  Gave them all
the info, including Lics. of my vet, credit card number etc.  So now the
Lupron will be sent FedEx and hopefully will arrive by Wed.  As soon as it
gets here, off we go in their kennel to the vets and then we'll update you
again on what's happening.

We survived the Petsburgh Critique
ww.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/3133
http://communities.msn.com/Ferret