From:
colburns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2007 08:47:21 -0500
Dear Tressie-

You *almost* had the essence of it in your post yesterday about
acedemic dysfunctionality and the ferret. You see, Jeff is a special
case. He is a Berkeley, CA geek. They are a little special. If the
ferret is on a cellphone, Jeff might be able to engage it in
communication. If the ferret is war dancing inside a Trader Joes, or a
fine wine store, Jeff might notice it was alive. Ideally, if the ferret
were dooking into a cellphone open on the floor of Trader Joes *in* the
fine wine section, Jeff would be quite captivated, I am sure. In fact,
he might well be able to engage it in a protracted discussion of the
five things that interest Berkeley, CA geeks. Cellphone technology
(signal strength in various ethenic restaurants), what's new in
Trader Joes, Fine wine, George Bush, and Free Tibet.

Sorry Berkeleyites, but I tell it like it is.

Alexandra in MA