Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2011 13:35:34 -0400
Ah, thank you for the correction and clarifying things regarding
non-existent feral ferret groups in the Land Down Under, Stephanie!
We can always count on you to step up and help.

It's interesting to me that ferrets were introduced to NZ from England.
Know why? Because the Britts do so adore their polies. And I don't
mean the standard marked sable ferrets. I mean the close relative of
ferrets, the polecat. There are hybrids in that country. So, it makes
one wonder ... if some of that hybrid blood wasn't in at least a couple
of the ferrets that found their way to the grand isle off of the Aussie
coast.

I am gathering that there have been some past rumors in Australia about
the possibility of feral ferrets existing there. I've heard some debate
about it in the past. That is what confused me. Perhaps they suffer
from the same misinformation that exists in our left coast state of
California here in the states.

Wolfy, the clueless wonder