From:
Rob McNish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 15:59:09 -0500
I have dealt with allergies and asthma all my life, and I still find it hard
to believe that ferrets can be a cause, at least in most people.  The fact
that you already have one ferret makes it less likely that another will
cause a problem.  Generally asthma is caused by an animals dander (cast off
cells, sliva, etc.), not the fur per se.  How does the timing of your asthma
coincide with the change in seasons where you live?  The annual spring
resurgence of molds and pollen should be considered before you take the step
of giving up on the new ferret.  I recommend talking with your doctor before
you make a decision.

        Rob McNish