From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2008 16:42:51 -0600
To support the new veterinary diagnostic lab in Addis, I'll be offering
PHOTO SHOOTS FOR THE PHOTO SHY at the symposium.

You can have a normal session, or you can bring your own media -- so
noone but you gets to see the photos.

I highly recommend having your own card. Maybe I'll pick up some
extras to give as part of the deal, but TO BE SURE, bring your own.
You'd need:

    A SanDisk PRO Duo Memory Stick
    OR
    anything else compatible with a Sony
    Cybershot 1080

I can do you with your fuzzy too, of course, and I can also do your
fuzzy alone, given enough time with the squirmy one.

Here's my SPIEL:
Need a nice picture of your self? But maybe you hate having your
picture taken? I HATE having mine taken. That's me, the the photo-shy
photographer.

I have learned over the years how to do it for people, though. One
trick is sheer numbers -- you just take so many pics that there are
bound to be a few that work. Like 10 - 100.

Another, of course, is to let people relax. There are many many ways to
do that, including NOT taking the pictures while aiming the camers. I
myself feel as though I am about to get shot when that thing is aimed
at me.

Another big help is providing privacy during the photo session.

And a BIGGIE, for the TOTALLY photo-aversive, is to have a separate
memory card. for each person. That way, I take the photos, and they
take the card away with them. Which means that they are the only one
to see the photos.

Instead of a card, it can be a CD or DVD, but that gets more
complicated since it adds a major second step to the whole thing.

The privacy issue is also a complicator, but it is much more easily
taken care of than having to go find a computer, download the pix, and
copy them to the CD or DVD.

If you don't want to bother brining media, you can ID the pix you like
and have me email them to you.