From:
Michael Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 06:59:48 -0500
Hello,

About two and a half years ago I responded to a request to rescue a sable
male ferret from a less than hospitable environment.  I remember the post
mentioned he was in filthy conditions and being fed cat food.  I also
remember picking him up from some kind lady on the upper west side of NY
who already had two ferrets (who liked cheerios) and had no room for one
more.  PJ, as he became to be know, was a happy addition to my little
ferret family.  When he first joined us it took him a while to get used to
ladders and chutes, how to play nice, use the litter box and basically be a
ferret after about 4-5 years being treated as something else.  He initially
graced everyone in the household with mange (lesson to be learned on
quarantining new ferts in the household) and just too much laughter as he
adjusted to being a true ferret.

Early this year he started to become quite sick and become a fixture
through his numerous visits to two of the local animal hospitals in my
area.  Although we never were able to diagnose him properly he did get to
enjoy his last couple months frolicking on the chair, hiding toys under
the coach and sliding underneath the carpet.  It was and up and down time,
some better than others, I somehow I wish I could have done more to make
his life better though.  He passed away silently yesterday and although I
never contributed to this list during the five years I have been on it, I
wanted to memorialize my ferret friend today.

PJ we will miss you and we love you.  We will miss how you liked to jump up
on our legs, we will miss the neat fashion in which you hid all the toys
underneath the couch, we will miss you becoming a speed bump on the kitchen
floor, we will miss your funny crew cut shaved body (due to blood work and
ultrasounds), we will miss you getting us all wet when you take a bath,
we will miss you snuggling with the girls in the hammock and we will just
plain miss you!  We hope that you are happy and feel better where you are
today.

Love,
Michael, KT & Joanie.