Date:
Sat, 10 Jun 2006 18:15:56 -0400
This is an important announcement for anyone attending Ferret Aid 2006,
as well as anyone who lives in the Toronto area.

A ticket to the acclaimed musical, 'Lord of the Rings', has been donated
to the IFC to raffle off as a benefit for DIM research.  The raffle
drawing will be held during Ferret Aid 2006, however, you do not have
to attend the Symposium in order to participate.  You do have to be in
Toronto, though.  Tickets will sell for $3.00 (Can.) each or 2 for $5.00
(Can.).  The drawing for the winning ticket will be held on Saturday
afternoon, so the winner will have time to make plans.

The ticket is for an orchestra seat at the Sunday, June 25, 2006 matinee
performance.  To be specific, the ticket is for seat G-40.  The show
begins at 1:00 pm, and the winner will be seated next to Linda Iroff.
If the winner needs transportation to and from the theater, I am sure
you can work something out with Linda.

'Lord of the Rings' has been nominated for 15 Dora awards, which are
Canada's equivalent of the Tonys.  Additionally, I have been told by
someone who has seen the show that the staging and special effects are
incredible.  The stage transforms from caves to mountains, and revolves.
I have been told the show is worth seeing just for the special effects,
but the acting is also apparently very good.  Plus, anyone buying tickets
has the added advantage of knowing the money spent will go towards some
much needed research, which will hopefully benefit ferrets everywhere.

For additional information about the show, you can visit the following
website:
      http://www.lotr.com

Additionally, the following link will take you to a news story about the
production.
http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2005/03/15/Arts/ringsTO050315.html

As stated, all proceeds from this raffle will be used for DIM research.
Anyone who loves ferrets knows that research on DIM is greatly needed,
so we can learn what this 'mystery' disease is and how to combat it.

So, anyone attending Ferret Aid 2006 who is staying over past Sunday,
keep this in mind as something to do.  And, anyone living in the Toronto
area, think about getting some raffle tickets.  The face value of this
ticket is over $100.00.  Advance ticket sales is being handled by Randy,
and you can email her at [log in to unmask] .  Advance sales are being
done for the benefit of those not coming to Ferret Aid 2006, but living
in the Toronto area.  If you will be at the Symposium, you can buy your
tickets there, at the IFC table.

If anyone wants to donate money to DIM research, but would not be able
to attend the show, you can do that, too, at the Symposium.

--
Danee DeVore
International Ferret Congress Health Issues Coordinator