From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jul 2009 23:11:21 -0400
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. SaraFerret had been enjoying a long
period of rest and relaxation playing with de kits and just doing
nothing. Then she heard a knock at the door, (no use to answer it) and
then another one and then the door slammed open and in flew Dexter, de
little boy courier, with a note in his paw. He said breathlessly,

"SawaFewwet, why didn't you answer de door wight away. You knew it was
me. You has been lazing awound all de time. You best huwwy up as a
fewwet is cwossing de bwidge and you know how de Boss gets when you
is late."

With that, he handed me de note and I read it. No use to fuss with
Dexter. He is what he is. I sent him on his way to get de requested
fuzzies and silently prayed dat he would pick de right ones and not
a bunny like he did one time. Den I headed for de entrance.

I was just in time to see an older girl fuzzy as she made her way
across. She was kinda of hesitant so I reached out my paw to introduce
myself,

"Hi, I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. Dis is your new forever home. Here you will have no more pain
or suffering. You will run on green grass forever and have lotsa
friends. Did I mention de fun and games?"

De little girl fuzzy looked at me kinda sad-like and said, "My name is
Bedlam and I was living with Mommy Wendy. Do you know her? I got lost
from my home and I ended up in a lady's bed-it was warm there. Then I
went to someplace called a control. Then they called Mommy and she took
me in and I had friends there. I had a friend at the shelter too. So
many people in my life. Are you going to be my friend? I don't see any
other ferrets here. So I guess you and I are going to be it which is
okay because I can be friends with anyone. Can you help me with my
hurts?"

I put my paw on her shoulder and said, "Bedlam I would be honored to
be your friend, but there are others here if you will be patient for a
bit. As for your hurts, just look at yourself, don't you feel better
already?"

She looked at herself and her fur was fluffed out and she stretched her
limbs and now to mention it, she did feel good. It was almost like a
miracle. Hmmm-Mommy had been right after all.

Den, I told her all about de wings on my shoulders. Bedlam's eyes got
wide, "Do you mean I get my very own pair that I don't have to share
with anyone else?" "Well of course you do, I replied. "Each fuzzy gets
her own special pair and special color. Just perfect for flying about
de heavens."

As we went down de path, who should we meet, but her old friend, Kooza,
from de shelter. Oh happy days. What a reunion. So all three of us
continued down de path to de Wing House where de wings were stored. We
opened de door and on de counter was a big box (of course). Bedlam
opened de box and took out de wings--Silver with black streaks--perfect
for a fuzzy who had been on her own for so long. I helped her put on
her wings and Kooza adjusted her halo. Den she ran to de big vanity
mirror and gazed at her reflection and saw what a beautiful ferret she
was. Den she turned to me and said, "Gee I wish Mommy could see me
now." Den I gots an idea.

We opened de door and went down de path to de Misting Pond and sat down
beside de cool clear water. With one swish we saw a vision of Mommy
Wendy appear. Bedlam got so excited dat she started waving and dooking
with all of her might.

"I love you so much. Thank you for loving me. Sorry I couldn't stay
longer. I feel much better now. I have found my friend now. I have
wings now and soon I will be able to fly."

Den she started to throw hugs and kisses and laid dem on a nearby
shooting star and by de time you should read dis it should have landed
dere. And with another swish de vision was gone.

So we went down de road and to her surprise she was met by a group of
fuzzies carrying a sign saying Welcome to the Bridge Bedlam. The group
introduced themselves as Hanky, Pillage, and Cho. Now Bedlam was so
happy and she whispered to me, "I bet you knew all along that I would
have lotsa friends here didn't you." I just smiled. And all of a sudden
the cottage appeared and the group put the sign against de trees. There
was music a-playing and as we went inside, Bedlam could see all sorts
of food laid out. Fuzzies started coming in from all over the place to
welcome her. I gave her a hug and said my good byes. I knew she would
be so busy from now on.

At last Bedlam now had a forever home.

Lovey and hugs,
SaraFerret, bridgegreeter