From:
"F. Scott Giarrocco" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 May 2000 12:34:59 EDT
>Now, that's the mid 1990's.  NOT the mid 1980's.  Almost a decade
>difference.  But then, what's a decade or so, give or take a few years,
>among friends?  THAT'S why people dare to question.  This just isn't
>something you can change your opinion on.  You either did or you didn't.
>It makes people wonder if you are really sure on other things.

And, of course, there is another innocent explanation for the confusion -
a simple typo.  The numerals 8 and 9 are right next to each other on the
keyboard and it is very possible an innocent and common mistake was made.
The FML is filled with typos - that kind of thing happens to people.  No
deliberate mistruths are intended when typos are made.  The thing that
people really should wonder about is what agenda do you have?  Is there a
personal dispute between yourself and Bob?  Is this anonymous accusation
revenge for some insult or dispute?

>Yes, I'm hiding in posting anonymously.  I don't want to get flash-fried
>for posting something that can be taken as "blasting Bob C."  I could
>explain my actual reasons, but I doubt if they would be believed.  Just
>take me at my word that I am not doing this to be a jerk.

Now, that is a problem for me.  Anyone choosing to criticize or accuse
another of something should be willing to do it openly.  It has always
struck me that there is something sneaky and underhanded going on when
someone chooses to make anonymous accusations.  Your own words indicate
there is some other underlying reason behind the anonymous accusations.
Hiding your identity makes it difficult for anyone to take your word for
anything -- no one knows who you are and whether your word has value.  That
is another problem with anonymous posting -- it is impossible to evaluate
the reliability of the statements being made.

>Bob, remember what you posted previously so you don't cheapen the good
>you have to order by making people doubt you.

Excuse me, but you, as an anonymous poster are the one attempting to make
others doubt Bob Church, and not the other way around at this point.  You
just don't have the courage to do it openly.