From:
Matthew Saunders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 00:13:06 -0600
Dear Collective,

My wife and I have enjoyed ferrets together for about 6 years now.  Two
of our little ones are now getting to the age where they REALLY cost.  We
have three ferrets, two are geriatric (one adopted from another owner) and
two dogs.  We just had our little ones in for check ups/shots.  Last week
our oldest went into the emergency vet with watery eyes and cloudy left
eye.  It turned out our eldest had an ulcer in his eye.

OK, so this week the bill looks a bit like this:

Our eldest    emergency vet bill    $140
All three shots                     $ 90
All three being micro chipped       $100
All three teeth cleaning            $120

                                    $450

Now...that includes meds for all three...they got a parasite that passed
through all of them at the same time.

Pets are expensive.  Please please please budget.  We put money aside
knowing that we would have two geriatrics at the same time.

Love to all your fuzzies,
Matthew and Paula (the humans), PB, Sherlock, and Gryphon, (the ferrets),
Quinn and Seneca (the dogs).