From:
John Coder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Oct 1996 20:57:49 -0500
Hi all

I was very blessed to be able to take part in ferrying some of the Fredonia
Furkids back to Ohio.  We picked them up at noon CDT time in Manhattan
Kansas and drove straight through to Cincinnati, Ohio arriving at 4:30 A.M.
Friday morning.  Unfortunately the cap to the pick-up truck leaked so my
wife , who rode in the bed of the pick-up(befoe I get flames for that, it
was her choice) with 13 ferrets, was treading water for the last 200 miles (
again her choice).This is because we hit a rainstorm 30 miles west of Terre
Haute Indiana.

Any way I digressed from the reason of this post.  We are excited to have
met Troy Lynn, and Nancy who did so much to rescue these little ones.  and
are happy to announce the additions of Bulwinkle (6 month old sable male),
Apollo (2 yr.  old Albino male) and Persiphone (2 yr. old Albino female) I
finally got to pick a name (if you can't guess it's Bulwinkle)YEAHHHHHHHHH!!

All of ours are doing fine Bulwinkle won't need much rehab since he is just
a Kit but the other two will.  They just hang around in their cages and
rarely interact with the other ferts ( I know it's still too soon ) They
have no probs with being handled (except for Bulwinkle who can't get down
fast enough)and not a nipper in them.  Since none of them were or are going
to be descented ( unless it gets too bad or for medical reasons) I got my
first whiff of ferret poof and while i don't want any eau de ferret cologne
for my birthday it wasn't too bad.

Anyway i know if i wasn't involved with the rescue i would want some news so
that's what i'm trying to do.  I will be putting up some pictures we took on
the trip and of the new additions on the web page, once i get the film
developed and scanned.

John Coder

www.iac.net/~kaligula/kaligula.htm