From:
Lisette Lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 20:14:15 EDT
I have been pretty much crumpled on the floor for some time, praying to
God .

Late in the afternoon, some male stranger was on my porch..  I asked him
what he wanted, and he was startled to see me looking out at him from a
window.  Well, I was equally startled to see him.  He backed away and
left.  Odd.

Some time later, I hear people calling, calling.  Then I realize they
are calling my name.  I run out to the porch...the doors are OPEN and my
neighbors are shouting..two of your ferrets are running lose.  They are
really scared and running really fast.

I run out, and the three of us are searching through the brush along the
waters edge.  But it is really thick, and there is poison ivy in one
portion we cannot get through.  One of the ladies shouts, and we run,
and there is Tuffy...my black ferret.  He lets me grab him, and while
my neighbors keep searching, I run in and start frantically searching
inside.  I grab everyone and stick them in cages.  Are there more than
two missing?

The teensy red headed baby is gone!!

I am back out, and we are calling and searching.  What wonderful
neighbors I have.But finally,the two ladies give up, and I go in to put
on tennis shoes and a sweater.  It is getting dark.  By the time I have
searched the park twice, it is too dark to see without a flash light.

I go in and search more thoroughly...even going through the cages filled
with blankets and startled ferrets again.  I tear out drawers, and look
under all the furniture, and pull out the bed again..

Then I am back out with a flash light calling and calling, going farther
and farther away.  I hear nothing, and see nothing but Cat out in the
brush.  I ran back in and searched the house again.

I even did the emergency mean thing...I let Mini-Me out.  She ran from
room to room searching for those wretched hated trespassers...the babies.
She always gets her victim by the throat and shakes the poop out of the
poor wretch.  I think she would kill if I did not hear the screams.
Letting her lose to sniff out a tiny baby is brutal.  But I am past
desperate.

Nothing.

So I am off again...calling and calling...realizing it is getting really
cold, and I have the fox family, the racoon family, the hungry feral
cats.  She will never survive.

I came back in, and let the guys out of their cages, and put Mini-Me
away.  The teensy baby the size of a chipmunk romped around, and Tuffy
needed to be held.

I held him and searched the house again.  I used the flashlight
everywhere.  I looked in garbage cans.  I opened the refridgerator, and
opened doors that had been closed and tore those areas apart because
anything was better than facing the truth..she was gone.  She was going
to die a horrible terrifying death.

I stopped for a moment realizing the insanity state I was in.  I asked
myself if I prayed to God for a miracle, would He grant it?  Should I
take up His time when people in Sumalia are dying by the thousands.

I do not often ask Him for help.  I do not want to abuse his miracles.
But I asked him now.  I got down on my knees and prayed that He save this
tiny baby.  I prayed for His strength.

I went to the closet and pulled out a carrier and filled it with warm
bedding and food and put it out on the porch.  I stood out there calling
and listening...feeling the coldness of the night.  I went through all of
the rooms again.  How was I going to work?  How was I going to live with
myself?

I heard a scuffle, and knowing that Daisy is trying to show she is boss
to babies too tiny to understand yet, I ran to the room and the closet I
had torn apart twice.

*There was the red headed baby.*

I have been crumpled on the floor by this closet for heaven knows how
long.  A man was apparently about to enter my house and do what????  It
was just a coincidence I looked out the window right then in the middle
of my cleaning?  My neighbors were outside after this, and saw a tiny
animal???  what are the chances of this?  Both my neighbors told me that
they saw two ferrets out.  TWO.  Only Tuffy was found outside.  I
searched that closet..pulled out everything, and found nothing...

yet here was the baby that most likely would have died outside tonight.

We can say that the neighbors were both wrong about seeing two ferrets.
And it must have been that they were.  I don't care.  I look at all of
this, and for me...

This was one of Gods miracles

I had to take the time to share with all of you.  I am still a slobbering
mess.