From:
Tammy Snapp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 1996 12:12:21 -0400
Hello everyone,
This is Tammy, I haven't been here for a while, but I know I can always turn
to you for support.  I don't know if I'll even make it through this message,
so please forgive any grammatic errors.

My situation is as follows:

Jake was 3 years old Feb. 1995 and was found to have a adrenal tumor.  I
found Dr. Weiss (Potomac Animal Hospital, MD) who did a wonderful job
removing the tumor, it was on the right and was attached to his liver and
major artery.  Jake recovered very quickly and proceeded to be a happy
loveable ferrt for another year.  The tumor was found to be malignant.  June
1996 we found another large tumor in Jake's abdomen, Dr. Weiss did another
great job removing a malignant liver tumor.

Ok here's my problem, over the weekend I noticed a large lump on Jake's neck
back by his ear.  My biggest fear- The cancer has spread.  I fear that Jake
will be leaving me soon.  He and Ozzy were my first fuzzies.  I would love
to discuss this with others that have already been through it.

I have put in a call to Dr. Weiss and waiting to hear back at this moment.
He is a very knowledgable vet in the ferret area, I know we will discuss all
the possibilities and options on caring for Jake, but I would still like to
hear from others that have already experienced this as a surrogate parent to
a fuzzy child.

I would like responses through e-mail directly is possible for I cannot
check the mailing-list regularly.

Thank you all for being here.

Please give all your fuzzies hugs today,
Tammy and company Jake, Ozzy, Zak, Randy, Samantha and Sunshine :)