From:
Punchbug <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 04:38:49 -0800
>From:    amanda siemens
>Subject: unlikely cohorts

>... My dad came down for a visit today and brout his new pet guinea pig,
>cage and all.  Well, Monty and the GP seemed quite interested in eachother
>(sniffing through the cage)... Well, I guess she didn't latch the cage
>properly.  When we got back we found the most bizzaar thing.  Monty had
>gotten out of his cage, opened the GP's cage, and both of them had their
>heads in a container of cheerios that one of them had pulled from my
>son's diaper bag, munching away!...

I'd say that it's practically a miracle that Monty didn't kill the guinea
pig!  On the few occasions that my ferrets broke into my daughter's room
to "visit" with Wheat (the guinea pig), I can guarantee that MY ferrets
were up to NO GOOD!  Poor Wheat would squeal and run around in his cage
until someone came to his rescue.  He was petrified of the CARNIVORES on
the outside of his cage!  And I'm sure the CARNIVORES delighted in the
thought that possibly THIS time, Wheat would be a meal!

Ferrets have been known to kill guinea pigs, rats, mice, birds, lizards,
etc.  Please keep them separated... with cages securely latched in
separate rooms.

I'm not calling Amanda a liar but I find this particular post about the
cheerio chums to be... well, lets just say I am skeptical.

Renee