From:
Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1993 12:34:30 -0400
Pam Grant, of S.T.A.R*Ferrets (Shelters That Adopt and Rescue Ferrets) has
a rather extensive list of ferret organizations, breeders, contact people,
vendors of ferret-related supplies and ferret-friendly veterinarians.  She
has compiled this list over the years and some time ago gave us permission
to make the list available to the FML readers.

I've been dragging my feet a bit on this one.  For one, the list needed
some reformatting - the list Pam sent was basically an unformatted dump
of a database.  For another, the list, fantastic as it is, also has some
obvious omissions, such as the Animal Medical Center in NYC.  My plan was
to reformat the list and to consolidate the tidbits I've been collecting
and add them to a specially denoted section at the end.  Yeah... well...,
that was many months ago.  Too many.

Meanwhile, Katie Fritz and Nancy Hartman each sent me a copy of the database
which they had independently reformatted.  Nancy made some corrections which
were forwarded on, but Katie's list was newer, so I've used hers.  I still
plan to add info to the list, but probably the way to do that is to forward
stuff to Pam in bits and pieces and have her incorporate it into her master
list.

So, with no obstacle but laziness remaining, I have finally gotten around to
storing this great list on the archives.  If you would like to receive a copy
via e-mail, send the following one line in mail to [log in to unmask] :
GET FERRET DATABASE

You can also "subscribe" to the database, so that any time it is updated you
will automatically receive a copy.  To do this, send the following line to
the same address:

AFD ADD FERRET DATABASE

Your request will be acknowledged with a piece of mail about you being able
to add a password for your subscription... you can safely ignore this.

Pam's database is updated every month or two and she will continue to send
us updates.  Right now it's about 2800 lines, containing a total of about
41,000 characters.

Bill