From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Oct 2005 23:07:57 -0400
MARCH 12, 1995 -  OCTOBER 15, 2005

It is with a sad but understanding heart I relay to you our shelter
friends & family the passing of our eldest child Ms Disney FerretWise.
Disney as many of you recall has fought great odds for 3 plus years.
Outliving many illnesses defeating final cvalls over & over.  Earlier
this week as I saw she was slowing down- I gave her permission to leave.
I told her that I loved her very much, and that her place was here-- but
that I knew as did she that someday soon her time to cross would come.  I
granyted her permission to cross when the time was right.  All week long
Disney has continued to stroll the shelter picked through the food bowls,
eaten treats all was fine until this evening when she had put herself
back into her cage-- and lie beside the litter box.  Shelter Dad alerted
me and I asked him to bring Disney to me in a fleece sack.  Disney was
still in this world, but leaving on her own accord, her body temp had
dropped.  We promised no more heroics, the tiny gal was bi latewral
adrenal with likely intestinal lymphoma and the vet attested she had
outlived her targets and other ferrets most by far.

I held her close to me for several hours and talked to her.  Telling her
how much she was loved-- and that I would join her and the others one
day soon, to please keep watch for me.

Disney arrived at Ferret Wise in June of 2001 a shelter transfer.  She
outlived her cagemates before arriving here and never ever would
socialize with other ferrets..... Until after her adrenal surgery in
2003.  Disney became tolerant of other ferrets after surgery - at least
of the social group (boys) .  The exception would be for Curley (a ferret
who arrived in the same intake).

Disney has been doted on by Harry and many others in the shelter the
past 3 years.  It may have been her peace- her closure in accepting the
attention of the boys for that is what she missed form her previous life
in a real home.  ... perhaps she finally accepted her new home.  Disney
was the reigning Queen of Ferret Wise she had a private condo for
sleeping, and would stroll at leisure the entire place.  She is the ONLY
ferret to have received a special delivery bouquet while in residence
here.  Arriving the night after she had her surgery.

If Disney has taught me anything it is the act of aging gracefully.  She
never wasted a day or night, no matter what health issue she was dealt..
She pushed against the odds fighting recurring adrenal, IBD, insulinoma -
responding better to homeopathic means than pharmaceuticals.  She pushed
myself and her vet into new fields.

If the saying is true that the animals are here for a purpose then with
Disney she was here to teach, tolerance, grace and nurturing.

It is with a saddened heart that I wish my "Dizzy Darling" Love, Joy and
Renewed life as she leaps to Rainbow Bridge.  You have lived your little
life so well and gifted us all with your presence.  We surely will miss
you greatly.

Shelter Mom , Alicia

www.ferretwise.org
  a 501c3 organization