From:
Laura Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 May 2005 17:24:34 +0000
I've found that a litter called "Good Mews" is almost identical to
Yesterday's News but SO much cheaper.  I can find it in most grocery
stores in this area (Seattle, WA) but it's also available online.  Petco
is one site that carries it but you might find it even cheaper elsewhere.
8lbs of Good Mews at Petco is $3.49 whereas 10lbs of Yesterday's News
runs $11.99 :-0!!  And in just doing a search online I found a site near
me where I can pick up 30lbs for $7.99!!!!

Here's a link to the company's site for more info -
http://www.stutzman-environmental.com/gmretailer.htm

I do love Feline Pine, though, and despite it being pricey up here
(they're a Florida-based company) I always use it for my cats.  I love
how it works with odor control of the cat pee (stanky!)  When I lived
in Florida and volunteered with the Humane Society I called them up to
see if they'd donate a few bags to the shelter for our Adopt-a-thon at
Valentine's Day.  They shocked me by showing up with two huge palettes
of litter as well as a stack of coupons for free bags.  Not only were we
able to give a bag to everyone adopting a cat but the shelter had a huge
stock of litter for months to come.  Any company that nice deserves my
business that's for sure!

- Laura and The Seattle Seven at http://www.ferretocious.com