From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:01:58 -0500
Anon, you wrote an excellent sample letter!

Another point to consider is that PETsMART is saying their kits are
vaccinated against rabies.  The recommended minimum age for administering
IMRAB 3 is 12 weeks old.  Vaccinating at an earlier age may not protect
the ferret either from rabies, or from cut-off-their-heads-and-test happy
health departments in bite cases.  I doubt that PETsMART is waiting for
the kits to be 12 weeks old before vaccinating and selling!

To Big Dave, who points out that PETsMART has a right to sell ferrets,
he is quite correct.  And we have the right to try to convince them it
is the wrong thing to do.  No one on this list has suggested they be
"banned" from selling ferrets (though some make think it a good idea),
only dissuaded.  And the company seems to be doing quite well without
selling ferrets (or dogs and cats) so far.

Linda Iroff