From:
Scott Bouza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 2009 08:16:09 -0700
Dear fellow FMLers,

As some of you know I have just recently adopted a little fuzzbutt. I
have been working and playing with her almost every moment I am home
and she is really beginning to bond with me. She just started giving me
little kisses when I hold her, especially when I first get her out of
her cage. Oddly enough, she will only kiss me on the lips. I am loving
her more and more everyday!!!

Anyway, onto my question. I have tried a great variety of treats when
I am working with her, mainly the Marshall, some cat treats, etc; all
have been meat based. She will not touch them at all. She sniffs them
and then turns her nose up, looks at me funny and walks away like a
little princess. However, I have found that she absolutely LOVES
tortilla chips. I know they are probably not good for her, due to the
corn issue. I found this out by accident, I dropped a small piece on
the floor and she managed to get to it before my dog, an almost
impossible task. She sniffed the chip and snatched it up and drug it
away and ate it. I didn't see any issue since it was a very small
piece. Then she came back over to me and started pawing at the bag
for more. I didn't give her anymore however, she wasn't happy!!!

So my question is I guess how much is alright or is any alright, ie
corn tortilla chips? Does anyone have any suggestions on "treats"
that I can use for training? I am working with her doing some tricks,
sitting up, rolling over, coming when called (she is doing that one as
long as I snap my fingers at the same time I call her name), dancing,
etc. She just seems not to like the manufactured treats that are out
there, although they are not too expensive, I am tired of buying them
and her just not wanting them.

I would apprecite any help that anyone can give to me. Please feel free
to either email me directly or post here on FML. Thank yo uin advance
for any advice that comes across.

I also would like to comment on the whole "Ed issue". I do agreee with
free speech and I would never intentionally hamper that right. However,
in a forum such as this there MUST be some decorum. Everyone should
respect one another equally. When you are part of a forum that deals
with something specific like this one does, you also must be respectful
of the people and issues in it. One needs to use a little "good
judgement" when they are writting things. The whole issue from what I
am gathering is that Ed likes to "push peoples buttons" when it comes
to ferrets. I for one, when I read the "training post" that Ed did,
thought it was for real. Being newer to ferrets, so to speak, I would
have taken that information as legitimate not knowing that it isn't
the correct thing to do. So one, the moderator(s), must use their own
judgment in situations like this. We can voice our opinions, but look
at the job that needs to be done here. How many posts must be read
through?! It is not an easy task.

I guess my point is that maybe Ed really needs to take a look at
what he is posting. I mean this is a legitimate forum and it deals
specifically with ferrets and thier issues. One needs to place himself
in others shoes before one submits a post. Asking oneself how others
may take this post? I don't know if everyone is able to take that
position or even have empathy for others and their feelings. If not
then maybe this just isn't the place for them to be posting. I am sure
there is a set of rules for posting on this forum. I am part of another
forum, SoulForce, and they have very specific rules on what can and
cannot be talked about on their forums. I am not saying they are
totallitarian by any means. It is just dealing with specific issues
and people and there just isn't justification for certain things to
be posted.

I am sorry for my ramblings. I tend to do that sometimes when I write.
Peace and love to all here, thier families and little fur balls. Take
care all.

Peace,
Scott & Ruby