From:
Bob Nixon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Dec 1994 16:34:05 -0700
Hello to all

My name is Bob Nixon and have posted on the FML in the past but, mostly lurk
on behalf of the Central Az. Ferret club and Ferret Friends in the greater
Phoenix and Tuscon metropolitan area's.

The main reason for my post is to anounce my ftp directory, under my
internet account. I wan't to use this for Ferret pictures. I just uploaded
18 pictures of my own but, would like to extend its use to all FML'ers that
would like to have pictures of thier Ferrets on the Internet.

If you would like to send me photo's of your ferrets electronically. This
process involves uudcoding your (JPG) or (GIF) pictures and attaching it to
your mail to ( bigrex@primenet ) I will decode and upload the pictures to
the ftp directory. (ftp.primenet.com in directory /users/b/bigrex ).
My internet provider said size is not a problem for mail but I have only
5 meg's FREE space. Try to send jpg's (smaller and look better), but I
can convert gif's or other formats *(MAC, AGIMA, SUN, ATARI-ST) to jpg's.

programs for uudencoding are available at various places on the internet
( ftp oak.oakland.edu ) for one.

Now for a short update on ferret news in Arizona. We had our Christmas meeting
of the Central Az. Ferret Club on December 11th. Santa was on hand, Ferret
raindeer dressup, longest lap sitting, Largest female and Smallest male
contests. Suzanne Risinger club founder and local rescuer has just about
seen the last of the Green Slime. She really looked exhausted.

My two Sables Golum and Taz are doing great with beautiful winter costs.
They now have a new Puppy to contend with, but other than the puppy
draging Golum by the tail for a few feet rewarded by a nip on the Puppies nose,
they get along fine.

Thats about it. Happy New year to all you FML'ers.
The address again for pictures is;   ftp.primenet.com  /users/b/bigrex
My mailing address for mailed pictures;   bigrex@primenet