From:
Kim Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 10:38:57 -0400
Re: Yikes Silvermitt Turning White
>How many of you have Silvermitt's turn white?  I'm sure hopeing Fluff Fluff
>does not turn all white.  He is my favorite and our first, but his hair is
>turning white.  I know they go thru coat changes, but will the silver ever
>come back?

Our youngest, Rosie, turned into a big white fluff-ball this last winter
when she had her winter coat in.  After she shed that, she returned to her
normal peppery grey coloration.

It took one of our other ferrets three years to finally sync her coat
changes up with the right season.  It's summer (in the US), but that
doesn't mean it is a summer coat your ferret is getting in.  Just wait a
few months, the coat will probably change again.

Re: Ferret products in New York
>I will be going to New York State on the weekend of the 23rd of this month.
>I want to find out if there are any good stores to buy ferret products
>around these areas, Rochester, Geneva, Syracuse, Seneca falls, Waterloo
>and Canandaigua(sp?).

You got the spelling right on Canandaigua.  I always love to hear the
telemarketers try to pronounce that one.  (In evilness, I don't help
them either. >:^)

Anyways, I generally hit the following petstores for my ferret supplies:
        Petsmart in Henrietta (south Rochester suburb)
        PetWorld in East Rochester (east Rochester suburb)
        PetWorld in Greece (west Rochester suburb)
        a petstore in Penfield (east Rochester suburb) which I believe
                is called Tri City Pet Center.

Although I've never been there, RC Steele which is a mail order pet supply
company (and open to the retail public, I beleive) is in Brockport.  It's
just to the west of Rochester.

Marshall Farms is to the east of Rochester.  From something someone said
here recently, it sounds as though they have a supply shop there.  Marshall
Farms is located on Limekiln Road in Wolcott.  A 30 minute or so trip east
along route 104 from Rochester will get you there.

I've also heard tell of a ferret supply shop in Naples (beautiful wine
country south of Canadaigua).  I've never been there so I can't comment
on the location or if it even exists.

If you find any others in the Rochester or Finger Lakes areas, please let
me know.  I'm always on the lookout for places that carry ferret food and
supplies.  Thanks!

-kim, squit (the sleepy), pippi (the energetic), atlas (the mighty),
 jinx (the kissy), and rosie (the crazy)

Kimberly Burkard     |             _    Everything I needed to know in life,
Eastman Kodak Company|      _____C .._. I learned from my ferret:
Rochester, New York  | ____/     \___/  Frolic and dance for joy often, have
[log in to unmask]    |<____/\_---\_\    no fear or worries, and enjoy life.