Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 00:32:06 -0700
I don't know where people get these ideas.  You can't rescue every ferret
on the planet.  If you want twenty ferrets, fine, but don't say "it was
meant to be".  The best place to get ferrets, if you really love ferrets
and aren't totally doing it for yourself, is to rescue them from a
shelter.  When you buy ferrets, they make more.  Marshall Farms loves
people who do this.  If you can't walk into a pet store without wanting
to buy each and every ferret, don't go into pet stores.

I know this seems harsh, but this is a nightmare to people who understand
the concept.  Rescue an older guy, or a guy who needs special care.  If
it's about the ferret, then that should be no problem, right?

Instead of this "meant to be" stuff, how about thinking about whether or
not you can afford or have the time to take care of these guys?  Ferrets
are expensive, especially when they get sick.  They need lots of time out
of their cages.  Ferrets are a hard animal to take care of.  It just
doesn't seem that way when you love these guys.

Love is not an emotion.  It's an action.  The action is what causes the
emotion.  Everybody wants to take the shortcut.

Roary
Albuquerque, NM