From:
Holly Domanick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 02:28:20 EDT
Hi I'm new to the list.  I enjoy reading the letters and comments.  My
heart goes out to all of you that have lost your fuzzies.  I don't know
many people who have ferrets so I was glad to hear about fml.  These angels
can teach you so very much.  Some people say the don't come when called.
My kids come running they know there is something good in it for them.
Let me tell you about my 3 angels.

Weasel, my oldest almost 3.  She had adrenal cancer in June 1998.  She
didn't lose any fur; but had a very swollen vulva and tired easily.  The
vet did a great job and she recovered quickly.  She is the smallest not
quite 1 1/2 lbs.;but is the BOSS.  I worry about her being to lttle; but I
guess they come in all shapes and sizes.  She had a slight reaction to her
distemper shot this year.  She loves playing with plastic easter eggs.
When we got Rascal she showed him around and mothered him.  She loves
fruit-cheerios-raisins.  The odd thing about her is when you squeek a
squeeky toy she goes nuts.  Not the normal playing.  She will lick your arm
& bite it (not to hard) and shake it and try to drag you under the couch.
This is the only time she acts this way.  She loves towel and mommy back
rides.

Rascal my only boy.  2 yrs. old.  I almost lost him in May.  He had been
losing some weight.  I thought it was because of spring.  He seemed to be
eating & playing o.k.  He did tire out a little easier.  I won't forgive
myself for not seeing the signs earlier & not taking him to the vet sooner.
One day when he came out to play he collapsed.  He had thrown up during the
night & became very dehydrated.  I rushed him to the vet.  He stayed 4 days
with iv fluids.  It was touch and go for a few days.  THE LONGEST FEW DAYS
OF MY LIFE.  He had an ulcer and proliferated bowl.  With a good vet & an
angel ferret watching over him he is doing fine.  I get very nervous now if
one of them even sneezes.  I am afraid I might make the same mistakes
again.  He is very spoiled now.He will not eat reg.  hard food yet.  He has
to be hand fed.  I am afraid to force him to eat on his own.  He will eat
crunchy treats though.  He loves fruit- p-butter-cereal.  Pepsi if I would
let him.  He loves beanie babies & other stuffed animals.  He doesn't climb
like the others.  He is the most mild mannered and loves people.  So does
weasel.  He had a very severe reaction to his distemper shot in 1998.  He
was throwing up, his tongue swelled up and could'nt breath.  Really scarry
to watch!  He didn't get a shot this year.  The vet is going to a different
kind.  He did have his rabies shot this year and had a possble reaction
from it.  Throwing up.  (weasel was eating it, yuck she thought it was a
free meal).  His odd habit is drinking pee.  I don't let him if I see him.
Why does he d this?

R.J. my baby almost 2 .  She is my daredevil.  She will climb anything and
isn't afraid to jump.  She chases the 14 lb.  cat.  He is afraid of her and
runs.  She isn't a people ferret; she gives me losts of kisses; but wiil
try to bite anyonelse.  She loves squeeky toys.  She knows what "up" means.
She grabs hold of my wrist to pick he up to go to mommies bed.  She gets so
excited & gets bristle brush tail.  She doesn't like fruit like the
others;but prefers junk food if mommy gives her a tiny bite.  She had a bad
reaction to her distemper shot this year.  The vet said mine were the first
ths year to have reactions.  He is checking it out.  It's funny how they
each have their own personalities.  I love them all.  Sorry this was so
long.  dooks & kisses from my angels.

weasel wo
rascal bo
r.j. do