From:
Laurie LaFave <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 17:24:16 EDT
Someone called me Wednesday and said they found a ferret in their garden
last Friday.  These people are in New York City (area code 718).  They
have not been able to find her owner and now they are looking for a ferret
rescue or someone that would take her near them.  Please email me for their
phone number (since I don't have permission to post their name or number).
I don't have any details, but they said the ferret is pretty tame.

Laurie

[Moderator's note: I called the person (I live in the same area-code).
Yes, posters have been put up, but no owner has come forth.  There is one
person interested in adopting thus far, and I will follow up on that, to
be sure the potential new owner has care info.  But other candidates are
welcome.  This is in Queens, NY.  BIG]