Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 20:29:55 EST
This is just in case it makes any difference to anyone connected with the
ferrets that Dawn gave away: I was one of the people who was willing to
come and pick up one of Dawns ferrets, though I live in Illinois.  I wrote
describing myself and why I thought I would be a good ferret mom, and tried
to make arrangements to pick up one of the ferrets on a Sunday in
Minnesota.  It involved cutting short my first vacation in several years
with the permission of my sisters-who joined me, getting another cage up
and ready - which involved moving furniture, and trying to get hold of
Dawn.

1. I never recieved a response-though I wrote immediately and multiple
times.  In Dawns letter to the FML, there was a definite urgency in finding
homes for the ferrets.

2.  Dawn wrote that she thanked everyone on the FML that wrote to her.  I
never recieved anything from her at all.  Kinda selfish and rude not to
even say" thank you.  " But then she also wrote that she Had thanked
everyone.  It's not true.

It could have been me that had her ferret now.  I was ready and willing and
trying to help Dawn.  All of you taught me the stress ferrets go under with
a major change like changing family, home, cage, toys, and schedule.  As I
really thought that I was going to be picking up one of Dawns ferrets-I
feel I have some right to say this:

I would not consider giving the ferret back to Dawn.  It would not be in
the living beings' best interest.  I feel this way very strongly due to all
I have read here on the FML..  I also have strong beliefs on parents giving
up their children then wanting them back.

I write this only in case it makes a difference to anyone making a decision
involving these ferrets..

I also feel badly for Dawn and remember the kind of pain she is in now.
Big-big ouch.  I have nothing against Dawn.  I was young once too.

Lisette