From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2003 02:31:47 -0400
>And what about the person who makes a mistake that harms a ferret, but
>learns from the experience?  Once on a list, how are they forgiven by
>the ferret community?  Are they EVER forgiven and allowed to grow into
>responsible ferret caregivers?  It is one thing to list people who have
>been CONVICTED in a court of law, and another thing altogether to list
>people based on the suggestion by even a handful of members.

I can offer my own experience on this question.  I personally was never
forgiven.  I was ripped to shreds on many groups all because of the mouth
running of 2 individuals who "thought" they knew what was happening 2000
miles away from them.  I made a couple mistakes and I don't regret
publicizing them at all.  What hurt was that instead of these "so-called"
friends comending me on learnig from my mistakes they threw me to the
wolves.  All of a sudden I was painted an abuser a neglecter and so
on..... Not one single ferret of mine was hurt or put in harms way during
this whole event.  Although if you were to ask around I personally caused
an outbreak of a highly contagous and deadly disease.  I laugh now
because I did not have 1 sick ferret in my household .  And to this day
I have the same ferrets and have added a few new ones to the group plus
have 2 litters due in 2 weeks.

I know I am rabbling but it has been a very long time since I have
wanted to think about this event.  I was torn to pieces by those who
had no proof of what they were saying.  They had never been to my
house, never seen my ferrets or even talked to me one on one.  They
were simply people who had nothing better to do then feed on other
people misfortunes.  I subsequently have pulled away from the "ferret
comunitee".  I read and learn from others but no longer participate.

I guess my point is, I wish people would also care about other humans
and there feelings along with ferrets.  Too many people are too quick
to throw stones simply because I feel they have nothing better to do
to amuse themselves.

So Bob, who I have met in person many times, the answer to your question.
Are they ever forgiven?  I have to say NO.

And to those who tore at me while I was down.  You all can kiss my hiney.
I still came out on top.  :-)

[DH]