From:
"M. Durfee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 23:22:43 -0400
Hi everyone.

Does anyone know of anything natural and gentle that I can do to help my
ferret's body heal itself?  I am looking for something to reinforce his
natural self-healing, something to bolster his body's own ability to repair
itself.

Kili suffered a bout of Heliobacter about two years ago (at least that's
what we and the vet think it was) due to separation stress.  He recovered
but wasn't really the same.  And now it seems like the Heliobacter just
keeps cropping up again and again.  We just took him to the vet a couple
of days ago because of an enlarged spleen and poor digestion.

The Ferret Central FAQ mentions Heliobacter as a possible culprit in cases
of enlarged spleen.  Right now we are following the vet's recommendations
and adding an enzyme powder to Kili's food to help his guts better absorb
nutrients from his food.

I'd like some suggestions for boosting his immune system or some other way
to help his intestinal track fully recover from the Heliobacter.

Any help is appreciated.

-Melissa & Kili