From:
katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 19:49:52 -0400
PLEASE CROSSPOST

Thursday, October 2, 2003

The web page is coming along.  Keep checking as it changes frequently.
There are now headshots of all of the ferrets as well as all of the
donation information.  Adoption information will be posted very soon.

http://www.Ferrets-N-Limbo.org

We have completed all of the ADV testing.  So far the first and second
batches have come back negative.  The last batch should have arrived at
United today so we will get those results by Friday.  We have a few more
vet trips scheduled and hope to begin getting the priority surgeries
scheduled.  We should have several ebay auctions up this weekend.  The
ferrets themselves continue to demand attention.  Jaws does not bite much
anymore.  Our fear biter still needs work but everyone is learning to
respect her fear and show her love and patience.  We have discovered
several nippers however.  Although most of these ferrets are 3-4 years
they nip like kits.  It is more and more obvious that they were not
handled much, if at all.  Some are starting to learn how to not nip and
others will need more work.  Special homes that can deal with nippers may
be needed for several of these ferrets.

Supplies are still coming bit by bit and absolutely everything is being
put to good use.  The majority of the thank you cards and tax deductible
receipts are in the mail.  Please continue to check the web page for
updates and fundraisers.

The following is in Michelle's own words and I am posting it exactly as
she sent it to me.......

We do have some very sad news (maybe that's why I have not posted.) We
lost another of these angels last night.  She was a tiny albino who was
number 88.  I called her Angel for the past few days and so that's what
we'll record her name as.  Angel was getting less playful and so we did a
quick BG.  It was low so we started feeding and pred.  Yet- she did not
bounce back.  We had scheduled an appointment for her Thursday- but Wed.
evening a volunteer noticed she had soiled herself.  I brought her in,
cleaned her up, and gave her fluids.  I got some baby food in her but not
much.  I stayed up with her and gave her a bit more fluids and food- yet
when she took a slight turn for the worse and not for the better, I took
her to the ER clinic.  They did some blood work and her liver count was
"sky high".  It seemed the damage was already done to her liver long
before she came to us.  I held her for a long time and told her all about
the Bridge and what to look for.  I told her to send my love to "Old Man"
and held her as we said good-bye.  It's so heart wrenching and sad- yet
It also makes me so mad that they never received any medical care before
we rescued them.  If caught early, maybe her life could have lasted a tad
longer..  maybe not.  Yet we are grateful that she got to see sunlight,
smell fresh air, and get smothered in love before she left this Earth.
Perhaps her impression of the human race won't be so bad.

Items Needed:
Litter - preferably recycled newspaper brands
Long Distance Calling Cards
Water
Amoxi Drops.
Food
Laundry Detergent
Paper Towels
Garbage Bags
Funds for ADV testing and vet care

For all donations please specify whether they are for the Titusville
Rescue or are general Ferrets-N-Limbo shelter donations.  If you need
a tax deduction receipt, you must email the shelter to request it.

Send checks or money orders to:
Ferrets-N-Limbo
P.O. Box 161432
Altamonte Springs, FL 32716-1432

To donate to United for ADV testing:
United Vaccines
Attention:  Shannon - Customer Service
2826 Latham Drive
Madison, WI 53713

or call 1-800-283-6465 (they do take credit cards); ask for Shannon

For donations to the shelter vet:
Tuscawilla Oaks Animal Hospital
1490 Tuscawilla Road
Oveido, Florida 32765
(write "Ferrets-N-Limbo" in the memo line)

Ferrets Across America:
For individuals interested in helping with transport and shelters
willing to take in some of the rescue ferrets, email to

For general requirements for transport and sheltering
http://www.geocities.com/ferrets_america/req.htm

Katharine