From:
Clint Mahoney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 09:37:27 -0500
This may sound stupid to those of you who have more sophisticated ways of
preventing ferrets from biting but I've had four ferrets when they were
young and with each of them I prevented them from biting by holding my
finger in their mouth each time they bit.  At first they only bit my
finger and I would immediately hold my finger in their mouth - they didn't
like that and would try to push my finger out with their tongue.  After a
few moments I would take my finger out.  After doing this a few times - at
most half a dozen.  They never bit me again.  Within a few weeks after
getting them they never bit again.

-Clint