From:
AarrowRanch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2007 17:24:41 -0400
Peekaboo and Anxious were absolutely inseparable when I first got them.
But over time Anxious need to have her name changed to Pester where she
pesters Peekaboo but not just in play, is becoming very vicious.

I was sitting here on the puter and heard this horrible squealing
noise. I ran to the near opposite end of the house to fine Pester on
Peekaboo in a vicious grip in her teeth and Peekaboo was screeching in
horror and pain. If I had not come by to break it up who knows what
would have happened.

This is not good, not good at all! I have noticed Peekaboo won't
curl up and sleep with her mate as she originally did, they sleep
separately. As you know even in humans when a pair of house mates begin
to share separate sleeping arrangements there is a definite problem.
And there for sure now is one here. I don't know what else to do but to
separate them all the time.

Peekaboo will now to my bed and get under the covers to sleep. I love
that but I think Pester is taking that as 'winning' some kind of
contest and is going for the coup the grass and it worries me what
the outcome will be if I am not here to break it up.

When I first got them, Peekaboo would very carefully allow me to touch
her and in an extremely shy way she would let me take her out of the
cage. Now if I come to the cage she could be totally sound asleep but
will wake and run like lightening to run up my arm to get out. Is this
an escape maneuver? Not sure but is beginning to look like it.

Does anyone ever have experience like this???

Gordon, Peekaboo and Pester

Rev. J. Gordon Bengtson
Aarrow Ranch Aviation
Mechanicsville, Virginia 23111