From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 20:38:40 -0500
I was so glad to see in Troy Lynn's article on page 10 of the March issue
of "Ferrets" magazine that Washington D.C. might be able to lift its ban
on ferrets!  There is info in there to help residents so this issue is
important for you!  Could some of the DC folks in the groups which are
involved in this advance tell us all more?  The pending legislation would
add ferrets to the list of permitted animals: DC Code section 8-1808
paragraph (h)(1).  There is also info in there on DC exemption permits.

It was also so great to read in there the AFA article about so many
advances including the USDA working to improve regulations to help
ferrets.  YES!

Have to admit that i do feel like jerk because I couldn't get info on
Meltdown helping Hjalmar and on Hilbert helping Ashling in on time...
No help for it; life's been crazy around here in recent months.

Actually, you will notice I've been posting less.  I need the time for
rehab (which does help).  The ankle and foot braces greatly help but
there is a lot of relearning to do and new ways to learn to do some
things.  Luckily, the ferrets avoid them so we haven't had serious
injuries from my placing my foot down on a ferret.  If I seem more
scarce and more rushed when i am on the FML, that is why.

By using low top boots a size and half larger than my feet (Have to get
extra big to fit braces when shoes go higher.)  I can use some exercise
equipment that I can't use with other shoes but Mornie has discovered
that she can get a hand-hold on them so when I go over the barrier she
will grab a shoe as I lift up my second leg then scale my pants, climbing
me right out of the room.