From:
Gordon Bengtson CI-ASMEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 May 2005 08:38:41 -0400
Any product sold has to have suitability for the intended purpose.  So
if you bought a hammer that had a handle that would break off in a few
swings of nail driving then that is an example of unsuitability.

The pet products we discuss to be bad are no different.  The seller has
an obligation to sell a product that is suitable which means in this case
safe for the animal and healthy or at least not a health risk item.

I nearly lost Bud from Yogi treats.  The 8 in 1 company did refund money
but only after a huge battle.  They would not pay the vet bills even
after I had sent them copies of what the vet stated.  The best use for
any 8 in 1 product is toxic land fill fodder.

We the buyers should be educated but at the same time few are.  It is
only reasonable for manufacturors to produce and sellers to supply only
products that are suitable.  Fiesta Ferret food and other products are
NOT suitable.  Yogi ferret treats are NOT suitable.

Sellers need to close out their inventory and not replace those
unsuitable items.  Those who manufacture will simply have product that
does not move so they will change.  We need to do this in concert for
our mutual benefit where the buyer supplies income to the sellers and
the sellers provide product for us to buy.  When we don't buy then seller
and manufacturor looses.  Simple as that.

Let healthy non threatening products come to the shelves to bring harmony
back to this issue.

Gordon and Byte-me