From:
"Tamara J. DePue" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 1995 11:59:30 +0100
Hello!  I am new to this list and my roommate and I have four ferrets
between us.  I am worried about one ferret that we recently "inherited".
Mischief (3.5 yrs) has always been really skinny and not a very "graceful"
ferret.  She is moderately active when we let them out to play.  We are
getting really concerend about her as we continually notice how different
she is from the other guys.  She always seems to be dehydrated (using the
"skin test") and her gums seem to be a little bit paler than her
counter-parts.  As far as we know, she has always been this way.  We have
tried giving her extra attention and ferrtvite in addition to some
electrolyte replacement drink (such as pedialyte).  What else can we do?
Any ideas what could be wrong?  What would be a good way to boost her
weight? Thanks for your help!
        Tamara and Audra and Cosita, Max, Picasso, and Mischief